...a list of comics & books I have recently bought & read...

martedì 31 maggio 2011

IL SENO, Philip Roth (1972)

  • CountryUSA
  • Original Title: THE BREAST
  • Italian publisherIL SOLE 24 ORE S.p.A.
  • Publication dates: 1972, 1st ITALIAN ED. MAY '11 [ED. IL SOLE 24 ORE 2011]
  • Pages: 76
  • TranslationSILVIA STEFANI
  • ISBN #9-771973-564394
  • Main carachter: DAVID KEPESH
- Last Sunday I got this book with a newspaper, and I red it in a my-wife's-one-day shopping in Milano, trying to find comfortable places to sit between shirts, skirts and shoes.
- The author has a great fantasy. The idea of a man becoming a breast is at least bizarre, but it works. In 76 pages he created an easily reading story, that might have inside many interpretations.
- Going through the reading, I felt the enormous sadness of suddenly being in that state, and the funny & laughable image of this huge breast, that with my mind I tried to put into a real situation..!
- Good example of metamorphosis, I like Roth's writing style.

1 commento:

  1. I really liked your blog. Very interesting. I'm following him.

    Hugs!


    sorry for english =/

    RispondiElimina

...what you think, so important to me...