...a list of comics & books I have recently bought & read...

lunedì 9 maggio 2011

NON ORA, NON QUI, Erri De Luca (1989)

Erri is the boy on the right, with his mother and little sister Fiorenza
  • CountryITALIA
  • PublisherFELTRINELLI EDITORE MILANO
  • Publication dates: SEPTEMBER '89 [6th ED. DECEMBER '10]
  • Pages: 100
  • ISBN #978-88-07-01389-8
  • Main carachters: The author and his mother
- I should write this post in Italian because the book is Italian and the emotion that it gives too. But I decided to write this blog in English and I am going to continuing doing that.
- I first heard about this writer, now pretty famous and regarded, some month ago, I put his name in my authors' wishlist in the website where I buy literary stuff. Then, a month ago, invited in a TV show, I saw him talking and debating about several issues, such as politics, people, love. I decided to buy one of his novels, and I ordered the first one, which received very positive reviews.
- I started reading. It started slowly in the first pages, but then...some exctract (but I have to put it in Italian):
"[talking about his mother] Io sono seduto, sono voltato al finestrino e tu guardi me. Non mi riconosci. Sono un uomo entrato nella sessantina e tu hai la metà dei miei anni." Gloomy, veeery gloomy.
- The story of an old man who meets his mother in a photo. It is in part autobiographical. 
- Simple, short, intense story, not useless boring paragraphs...I liked it! 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

...what you think, so important to me...